Surely Google’s announcement about its new strategy related to the ranks of pages is not a novelty for you. The statement that as made last year about the search engines was the following: pages with non readily applicable content when searching something on mobile will not have high ranks. All site owners very well know that in order to rank high, there exist numerous and varied factors and signals, and this one is one of them. Intrusive Pop ups, or Interstitials, as Google calls them, are also have an impact on the page rank. So from January 10 the pages, which run their sites filling with obtrusive and non friendly Pop-ups, will be punished from Google.
We all realize the valuable role of the pup-ups use. They continue to be promising friends of bloggers, marketers, as well as e-Commerce site owners, aiming to provide essential conditions for their marketing. They contribute to the subscribers growth on the pages newsletter list, and help to show various offers to the page guests as well. It is proven fact that marketers have increased their site’s rate by 1350% through various popups. And now popups also come to help on mobiles, besides desktops. And here is the problem. Popups are not suitable for mobile devices, for screens on mobile. The main problem is that they are too large for appearing on the phone screens. They close almost all the material that users are reading at that moment, and there are also popups, which do not have that small close button. In one word they are non user friendly and there is no doubt that they will not escape from the penalty, about which Google has mentioned.
Surely you also want to find easy ways to retrain away from this punishment like me. And what will you say when you know that we found the solution. In this post we would like to share it with you. First of all you need to think like Google, bearing in mind the same goal that Google has: make the use of internet more approachable and more browser friendly, particularly for mobiles. Consequently we can assume that not all kinds of pop-ups are belonging to Google’s anti popup policy, there are exceptions. If your site is filled with popups, which serve true purpose with real content, than you belong to the number of these exceptions.
What kind of popups will get you punished?
There are some criterias according which pop-ups will be under punishment. Now let us introduce them.
1. The pop-ups, that seize the principal content, irrespective of whether the page guests are readying to leave the site or they are still looking through it.
2.The stand-alones, which need to be closed in order to get the principal content.
3. The pages, who use stand-alone interstitials, but at the same time the principal content is placed beneath the fold, will also been fined.
Now you need to make a quite difficult choice: Profit or Rank.
But at the same time you need to remember that in no case you should lose the SEO traffic, because it will harm your business. Each of us pays a great attention to the results of Ranking, because it is considered to be the dominant source of page guests. When your site’s rank falls, there will appear a problems such as:
- Decreasing the visitors number
- Gaining more audience will become quite difficult
- Difficulties in pointing various offers, sign-ups for membership etc.
- It will become hard to pitch offers, membership sign-ups, coupons, etc.
- The number of sales will fall , and consequently your profit will be less.
Keeping in mind all this, arises a question: if you use an interstitials on mobile screens, your site’s rank will be low, but at the same time in case of no showing them, it will become more difficult for you to blow the visitors attention on my offers, and the number of subscribers will not grow as well.
So let’s jump to solution.
You need always remind that there are solutions for all kinds of questions and problems that bother you. So come to find that solutions. Google has prepared some indications for you, and if you follow them your created pop-ups will not be fined, and your site’s rank will not fall as well. And the most important, you won’t need to make a choice between profit and rank, about which we’ve mentioned above.
1. For the first your pop-up should have its true intention, its purpose when appearing on the screen. For example in case if you have a site, on which you sell online wine and you need to ask your visitors the age verification.
2.If you run a site which have no public content and need to be logged in, as it implicates private content, than you can use popups and they will not be penalized.
3. Show your popups on the screens which have appropriate dimensions and when pop-ups appearing do not cause any problem. Safari and Chrome are perfectly good examples for that.
4. It is essential that you think about the purpose for which you use a pop-up on your site, and the content of the pop-up should be accessible as well. And as a site owner you need to keep in mind some vital conditions when displaying your content on mobiles.
- The first thing that you need to do, is make your text easily readable mobile without zooming.
- Make sure that the software that you use is reliable
- Provide your content’s easy scrolling
- Make perfect the local search
- Design also your page for obese thumbs
No Penalty for these kind of popups
Let us mention that not all kind of popups have the same look and they are not constructed similar. So there are a number of popups, which Google’s penalty does not threaten. If your Popup is a small one, that not occupies the entire content, and includes a really pertinent news, fitting to your site and content, then accept our congratulations!
If you fill your site with this kind of popups, be sure that Google and your users as well, will the popups tendency and you refrain from penalties. So with our post we want to help you prepare beforehand, in order to transform obtrusive pop-ups to friendly ones. First of all make your popups appear on large screens, try to don’t show them on mobiles. But above all you need to choose a right plugin among a great number of WordPress plugins which will give you all chances to create friendly popups. The Popup Builder plugin offers you to create amiable and user friendly popups with no difficulties and without being a specialist. So you can choose our plugin and we’re pretty sure that if you give your best to create your popups with Popup Builder, it will be no difficult.
With this plugin you can explore an endless list of ideas, which will help you to be in touch with your users with no fear of Google’s no-popup policy. This plugin offers you all chances to create friendly popups. And now come to see why.
- With this plugin you can give your desired size to the popup, in order to cover only a small part of the screen. When creating your popups you also have a freedom to select various eye-catching colors, making your popup more attractive.
- The plugin offers various useful tools in its General Options where you can determine the frequency of popup’s appearing on the page, or you can schedule it. So it will not annoy your visitors.
- You can select the time of popups visiting: while scrolling or after inactivity.
- The plugin gives you a chance to make popup close automatically. So you can select the duration of appearing.
- Fit it to your page content and select the particular posts, on which your popup will be shown. In this way it really will serve its purpose.
- It will be better that your popups buttons be larger. With this plugin it is not a problem. Give any size and color to the buttons, making them more visible.
Apart from all this, our plugin help you accomplish all your goals, offering its marketing tools through engaging popups. In order to be sure you have to try. And using this tools you will see how the Google’s penalty bypasses you.